You can offer respondents the option to autofill an ion form with their LinkedIn profile data. Successful implementation of LinkedIn's Autofill script will add an "Autofill with LinkedIn" Button to your ion form(s). If clicked, the form will populate with data retrieved from LinkedIn.
Before we begin
To leverage LinkedIn's Autofill script, you'll need an authorized API key, which is offered to LinkedIn services subscribers. Follow the steps below to obtain an authorized API key from LinkedIn.
- Create an app in LinkedIn via their developer site
- Have your LinkedIn services representative authorize the client id generated by the app for use as an autofill API key
There are a few items you'll want to have ready in ion in order to set up this integration.
- ion form with data collection fields you seek to populate with LinkedIn data
- testing creative
Let's get started!
1. Generate LinkedIn Autofill script
Follow the steps below to generate LinkedIn's Autofill script for use on your ion form.
- Visit LinkedIn's Autofill script generator
- Visit your testing creative via an ion URL and view the page source
- Complete the LinkedIn for by inputting the form and field names
- Click "get code" and copy your script
2. Add LinkedIn script to your ion script library
Follow the steps below to store and manage LinkedIn script in ion's global script library.
- Under the Libraries navigation menu, select Scripts
- Add a new category labeled LinkedIn and save
- Click on green “New script” button and label it “Form - Autofill”
- Optionally add a description
- Paste your LinkedIn script into the editor
3. Add LinkedIn script to your ion form page(s)
Follow the steps below to add your LinkedIn script to ion form pages.
- Navigate into the form page
- From the creative studio Page tab, click on +Scripts
- From the form menu, select LinkedIn > Form - Autofill
- Repeat for each applicable form page
4. Test your Integration
Follow the steps below to test your LinkedIn Autofill integration
- Visit the URL for your testing creative
- If you're already logged into LinkedIn, you'll see the LinkedIn Autofill button available toward the top of your form
- If not already logged in, a LinkedIn login button will first appear
- Click the autofill button and your ion form will populate with data retrieved from LinkedIn
Your LinkedIn Autofill integration is ready to roll out to all applicable form pages. Feel free to contact your account manager if support is needed.