The Easy Infographic allows users to scroll through five sections about a specific topic. A CTA located in the navigation scrolls the user to the footer in order to complete a simple form.
This Infographic is part of our “Easy” quick starts which are designed to go from ideation to launch in just 1 hour and with minimal to no training. You can create your experience (and take it live) inside of a campaign, which is a folder located in a portfolio.
What you’ll need for the Easy Infographic:
- Two Background Images - For best use, images should be 800 x 300 px and 202 x 202 px
- Copy for five sections and a Thank You page
- Five icons that pair with stats
- Imagery for Thank You page - For best use, image should be 1200 x 800 px
1st step: If you don’t have a portfolio and campaign yet… create them first (:30 seconds)
When you first log in to the ion platform, you will more than likely find yourself at the dashboard page. From the dashboard, click on “portfolio” in the navigation and select the green plus sign found next to “your portfolio” and type the name of your portfolio! A “Portfolio” is a great way to keep your content organized and easy to locate in the future. For example, if you plan to run multiple campaigns promoting this Infographic (paid search, email, social) the portfolio can house all of those campaigns.
Once you have saved and named your portfolio, you can now add a campaign by clicking the green plus sign. Create a name for your campaign folder and then add your corporate website in the “Fallback URL” field which is where traffic will be re-routed to should this campaign ever go offline).
2nd step: Download the Easy Infographic from the quick start cloud (:30 seconds)
Within your campaign, click the green plus sign to add a new creative.
Place the internal name of your Infographic in the label field. It is important to note that this label will not be visible to your users, so you can select a name that will be used internally.
This section will default to the Quick Starts tab. The top drop down labeled “Quick Start Cloud” should remain untouched. The second drop down showcases all of the Quick Start categories. For the Easy Infographic you will want to select the “Easy Quick Starts”. Click on the Easy Infographic thumbnail.
Important tip: Before you save this creative from the cloud, it may be beneficial to “preview” the functionality. When you preview an experience you are able to see what it looks like, how it functions and how the content is arranged. Sometimes when you are in the creative editor, things may look differently than they do in the final product (this is because the pages are responsive, and the layout is impacted by the size of the screen).
Once you select the Easy Infographic hit save to begin!
When you hit save, just note that it may take a few seconds to download the quick start into your console. Once the Infographic has downloaded you will find yourself on the Creative Management tab of the Infographic.
3rd step: Apply your brand theme to the Infographic pages (:10 seconds)
On the creative management page of your Infographic located within the right side panel, you will see a drop down that is labeled “theme”. From that drop down select your brand theme. A theme includes all of your branding requirements such as logo, colors, fonts, etc. This step must happen before you can take the Infographic live and it’s a best practice to do this step before you begin adding your content.
Don’t see your company’s brand theme in the drop down?
If you are not yet an ion customer and are in a demo or sandbox account, you won’t see your brand’s theme. You can however, select the Spokes theme to demo the experience.
If you are a customer, are in your company’s ion console and you still don’t see your theme, contact your ion customer success manager. More than likely, you’re a brand new customer and we are in the process of adding your theme to your console.
4th step: Let’s add your content! (20-50 minutes)
- Begin by selecting the “Welcome” thumbnail image to access creative studio and begin adding your copy.
- Once you access the “Welcome” page of the Infographic, click on the “Connecting With Your Customers” content block. Once it is highlighted with a blue line, click it again to access the text editor box. Replace our sample copy with your own headline copy. Below that headline is a descriptive copy that explains the Infographic to the user. Update the subheadline with descriptive copy about your infographic.
- Located behind the headline is a background image. Click on the background image until it is highlighted with a blue line and then locate it in the edit panel of creative studio. Once you locate it, replace it with your own image. For best use, choose an image that matches the measurement of ours which is 800 x 300 px.
- Below the introduction you can update the verbiage found within the “Explore the Statistics below” section by clicking on it until it it is highlighted blue to access the text editor.
- Click on the CTA button located within the header to update the verbiage. Once users click that CTA, they will be navigated to a form at the bottom of the page.
- The next section of the infographic, features a title and subtitle to explain what the topic is about. Click on each until they are highlighted blue to update the copy. Below the title and subtitle section is a small paragraph that can be leveraged to showcase an important fact or quote about the topic. Highlight this content in order to update it with your own copy.
- The next section of the infographic allows you to display statistics that support the topic. Click on the stock iconography that is leveraged in these sections to select an image of your own. Below the image, you can click on the stat to add your own percentage to the experience. Below the percentage you can add a description to the statistic. To the right of the statistics, there is a descriptive paragraph and bullet points that can help you explain their value to the user. Click on each of these content sections in order to update it with your own copy.
- The next section features an image paired with copy. Click on the image in order to select an image of your own. For best use, choose an image that matches the size of ours which is 477 x 500 px. The copy displayed to the right of the image can be used to showcase a very important stat to your user. Click on that copy until it is blue in order to update it.
- Below the image and the copy, there is a descriptive paragraph that can explain the stat in more detail. Click on each of the content blocks to update it with your own copy.
- The next section of the experience leverages a background image. Click on the background image until it is highlighted with a blue line and then locate it in the edit panel of creative studio. Once you locate it, replace it with your own image. For best use, choose an image that matches the measurement of ours which is 202 x 202 px.
- Once you update the background image, select the bolded sentence at the top of this section to place your own copy. More information about this section or information about the statistic can be added below the bolded copy. Below the sentences there are two icons that can be updated to include more valuable callouts. Click on the icons to update the content block with your own imagery. The copy below the image can be updated to include additional stats, cost savings, or information about the topic.
- The final section of the “Welcome:” page of the infographic includes a headline and subheadline that would encourage the user to complete a simple form. Once users complete the form they will be presented with a “Thank You” page where they can click on a CTA that will navigate them to an external site.
- At the footer section of the experience you will see “Your Company”. Click on this content to add your company name to the footer.
Expert-level tip: You can have both of these updates automatically published on the other page of your Infographic. To automatically have this applied to the other page of your Infographic, you must first ensure that the content has been updated correctly. Once you are satisfied with the content and links click on the content and determine that what you want to update is highlighted in blue, locate the “Save” option found beneath the the edit tab of the creative studio panel, and select “creative wide”. Once you select “creative wide” a window will pop up with the pages located within this experience. You have the option to only update the pages you wish to or to select “all” to publish this to the Infographic page. From this menu you can select “all” and then hit “ok”. Only do this once you are comfortable working in the ion platform. This isn’t a necessary step, and can be done on a page by page basis.
- On the right side of Creative Studio, click the “Thank You” thumbnail to access the “Thank You” page. Click on the “Download the Full White Paper” header on the “Thank You” page to update it with your own copy. Below the headline there is a subheadline that you can update with your own copy. The CTA is a handoff to an external URL. Click on the button to update the “Download Now” verbiage with your own copy. On the right side of Creative Studio under “Edit” and in the “Actions” section you will see a URL that you can update to direct traffic to an outside link. Update the URL with your own handoff link.
- You are finished! Use the breadcrumb navigation at the top of creative studio to navigate back to the creative management screen for this creative. Click the name of your creative to do so. Click the preview button in the upper right area of the screen to preview your Infographic and view it as your visitors will.
- Along the top of your preview screen you can also simulate various screen sizes to see how the responsive design will appear in different viewports. As you preview, if you see things you want to change, return to the creative management screen, click on a thumbnail of a page and go back into the creative studio to make your edits.
- As soon as you are satisfied with your experience preview, you are ready to take your experience live!
5th step: Let’s launch your Infographic! (<5 minutes)
- From the creative management screen, in the “Status” area, click “Engaged”. This indicates you are ready to take it live.
- Then, in the “Traffic sources” area, click “+traffic source” to create a URL, which you will use to drive traffic to your Infographic.
- On the add traffic source screen, select your sub domain from the traffic source URL drop down. This is the URL your visitors will see when they land on your Infographic. You can use our default “postclickmarketing.com” domain, or select your company’s subdomain if one has been set up. Don’t see your company’s subdomain in the drop down? If you are not yet a customer or are in a demo or sandbox account you will not see your brand’s domain. However, you can select the postclickmarketing domain for demo purposes. If you are a customer, and are in your company’s ion console and still don’t see your subdomain, it means your company hasn’t yet pointed a subdomain to your ion console. Contact your ion customer success manager to have this set up.
- It is important to note that your traffic source will be visible to your users. For example, if you add “StatisticInfographic” in the path field and select postclickmarketing.com as your domain drop down, your URL will be http://companyname.postclickmarketing.com/StatisticInfographic. Just for tracking purposes select the type of traffic you are driving, and the sub category. For example, Search Engine as the category, and Google as the sub category.
- Locate your Infographic thumbnail below and click save. Congratulations! Your Infographic is launched and live!
- Along the top of your traffic source management screen you will see the Infographic URL and you can click the copy button to copy your URL. Drive traffic to that URL to promote your Infographic.
Tip: If you are embedding your Infographic into another web page, such as a page on your website, it will work just the same as embedding a YouTube video on a page. Click the “Embed code” button next to your URL and copy the code from the pop up window. Paste that code into your external web page.
Optional step: Download the data collected from your Infographic and lead form
You can download a .csv file of your Infographic and lead data at any time! From your campaign screen, locate the Campaign Resources area in the upper right section of the page, click “Export Respondents”. On the export page, enter a date range to see Infographic data from all visitors. Hit the export button and download your file (this file may take a moment to generate).
If you haven’t been trained by an ion trainer, here are some important tips for your success:
Easy Quick Starts are meant to be used exactly as they have been built.
We don’t recommend adding/removing pages, adding/removing sections of content, adding/removing questions & page elements, or moving elements of the pages. If you need to do that, we recommend a training session, or training series, with an ion customer success trainer.