The Easy Assessment begins on a welcome page that provides the user with descriptive copy about the experience. A progress bar located below the “Start The Assessment” CTA will showcase how many steps the user will need to make in order to complete the experience. Users who begin the assessment, will be navigated through a series of 8 multiple choice questions. Upon completion of the quiz, users will be navigated to results page that includes a headline and subheadline paired with a score. A description of what the score means will be displayed beneath the results. A CTA button will be located within the header of the experience as well as on the results page that can navigate users to an external page.
This Assessment is part of our “Easy” quick starts which are designed to go from ideation to launch in just 1 hour and with minimal to no training. You can create your experience (and take it live) inside of a campaign, which is a folder located in a portfolio.
What you’ll need for the Easy Assessment:
- Landing Page - Headline and descriptive copy about the assessment, imagery and CTA verbiage.
- Assessment - Eight questions with four possible answers for each question along with imagery for each question.
- Results - Iconography, a headline/subheadline and descriptive copy for each of the percentages as well as verbiage for the CTA buttons.
1st step: If you don’t have a portfolio and campaign yet… create them first (:30 seconds)
When you first log in to the ion platform, you will more than likely find yourself at the dashboard page. From the dashboard, click on “portfolio” in the navigation and select the green plus sign found next to “your portfolio” and type the name of your portfolio! A “Portfolio” is a great way to keep your content organized and easy to locate in the future. For example, if you plan to run multiple campaigns promoting this Assessment (paid search, email, social) the portfolio can house all of those campaigns.
Once you have saved and named your portfolio, you can now add a campaign by clicking the green plus sign. Create a name for your campaign folder and then add your corporate website in the “Fallback URL” field which is where traffic will be re-routed to should this campaign ever go offline).
2nd step: Download the Easy Assessment from the quick start cloud (:30 seconds)
Within your campaign, click the green plus sign to add a new creative.
Place the internal name of your Assessment in the label field. It is important to note that this label will not be visible to your users, so you can select a name that will be used internally.
This section will default to the Quick Starts tab. The top drop down labeled “Quick Start Cloud” should remain untouched. The second drop down showcases all of the Quick Start categories. For the Easy Assessment you will want to select the “Easy Quick Starts”. Click on the Easy Assessment thumbnail.
Important tip: Before you save this creative from the cloud, it may be beneficial to “preview” the functionality. When you preview an experience you are able to see what it looks like, how it functions and how the content is arranged. Sometimes when you are in the creative editor, things may look differently than they do in the final product (this is because the pages are responsive, and the layout is impacted by the size of the screen).
Once you select the Easy Assessment hit save to begin!
When you hit save, just note that it may take a few seconds to download the quick start into your console. Once the Assessment has downloaded you will find yourself on the Creative Management tab of the Assessment.
3rd step: Apply your brand theme to the Assessment pages (:10 seconds)
On the creative management page of your Assessment located within the right side panel, you will see a drop down that is labeled “theme”. From that drop down select your brand theme. A theme includes all of your branding requirements such as logo, colors, fonts, etc. This step must happen before you can take the Assessment live and it’s a best practice to do so before you begin adding your content.
Don’t see your company’s brand theme in the drop down?
If you are not yet an ion customer and are in a demo or sandbox account, you won’t see your brand’s theme. You can however, select the Spokes theme to demo the experience.
If you are a customer, are in your company’s ion console and you still don’t see your theme, contact your ion customer success manager. More than likely, you’re a brand new customer and we are in the process of adding your theme to your console.
4th step: Let’s add your content! (20-50 minutes)
- Begin by selecting the “Landing Page” thumbnail image to access creative studio and begin adding your copy.
- Once you access the “Landing Page” of the Assessment, click on the “Insert Your Assessment Title Here” content block. Once it is highlighted with a blue line, click it again to access the text editor box. Replace our sample copy with your own headline copy. Below that headline is a descriptive copy that explains the Assessment to the user.
- Located above the headline is a sample image. Click on the image until it is highlighted with a blue line and replace it with your own image. For best use, choose an image that matches the measurement of ours which is 467 x 200 px.
- Below the paragraph you can update the verbiage found within the “Start The Assessment” button by clicking on it until it it is highlighted blue to access the text editor.
- Click on the CTA button located within the header to update the verbiage and where you would like to drive traffic. When you click on the CTA button, you will notice that under “Edit” you will see a link show up beneath “Actions”. Click on the link and update it to the URL you wish to drive traffic to. At the footer section of the experience you will see “Your Company”. Click on this content to add your company name to the footer.
Expert-level tip: You can have both of these updates automatically published on the other page of your Assessment. To automatically have this applied to the other page of your Assessment, you must first ensure that the content has been updated correctly. Once you are satisfied with the content and links click on the content and determine that what you want to update is highlighted in blue, locate the “Save” option found beneath the the edit tab of the creative studio panel, and select “creative wide”. Once you select “creative wide” a window will pop up with the pages located within this experience. You have the option to only update the pages you wish to or to select “all” to publish this to the Assessment page. From this menu you can select “all” and then hit “ok”. Only do this once you are comfortable working in the ion platform. This isn’t a necessary step, and can be done on a page by page basis.
- Once you have completed the Landing Page updates, scroll down to begin adding the questions. Each question has an image above the question. To update the image with your own imagery, click on the image to highlight it blue and then add your own imagery. Click each of questions to remove our sample copy and add your own. Each of the questions offer the user four answers to choose from. Backend logic has already been set up to calculate accurate results based on the user's input. In order to calculate properly, be sure to place the correct answers into the text box that is labeled “This is the correct answer” on each of the questions.
- Once you are done updating all of the questions and answers, you can click the “See Your Results” button until it is highlighted blue to update the copy.
- The Results Page includes imagery and a dynamic score that is calculated based on the user's input to the questions. Click on the “Headline About What Results Mean” to update the sample copy with your own. Below the that content block, click on the blurb beneath the headline in order to provide the user with more insights into what the results mean. Below the blurb is descriptive copy for each of the possible percentage ranges: low, low-mid, mid-high, and high. Update each of the paragraphs by highlighting them until they are blue and removing our sample copy with your own.
- Click on the CTA button located below the results to update the verbiage and where you would like to drive traffic. When you click on the CTA button, you will notice that under “Edit” you will see a link show up beneath “Actions”. Click on the link and update it to the URL you wish to drive traffic to.
- You are finished! Use the breadcrumb navigation at the top of creative studio to navigate back to the creative management screen for this creative. Click the name of your creative to do so. Click the preview button in the upper right area of the screen to preview your Assessment and view it as your visitors will.
- Along the top of your preview screen you can also simulate various screen sizes to see how the responsive design will appear in different viewports. As you preview, if you see things you want to change, return to the creative management screen, click on a thumbnail of a page and go back into the creative studio to make your edits.
- As soon as you are satisfied with your experience preview, you are ready to take your experience live!
5th step: Let’s launch your Assessment! (<5 minutes)
- From the creative management screen, in the “Status” area, click “Engaged”. This indicates you are ready to take it live.
- Then, in the “Traffic sources” area, click “+traffic source” to create a URL, which you will use to drive traffic to your Assessment.
- On the add traffic source screen, select your sub domain from the traffic source URL drop down. This is the URL your visitors will see when they land on your Assessment. You can use our default “postclickmarketing.com” domain, or select your company’s subdomain if one has been set up. Don’t see your company’s subdomain in the drop down? If you are not yet a customer or are in a demo or sandbox account you will not see your brand’s domain. However, you can select the postclickmarketing domain for demo purposes. If you are a customer, and are in your company’s ion console and still don’t see your subdomain, it means your company hasn’t yet pointed a subdomain to your ion console. Contact your ion customer success manager to have this set up.
- It is important to note that your traffic source will be visible to your users. For example, if you add “CoolAssessment” in the path field and select postclickmarketing.com as your domain drop down, your URL will be http://companyname.postclickmarketing.com//CoolAssessment. Just for tracking purposes select the type of traffic you are driving, and the sub category. For example, Search Engine as the category, and Google as the sub category.
- Locate your Assessment thumbnail below and click save. Congratulations! Your Assessment is launched and live!
- Along the top of your traffic source management screen you will see the Assessment URL and you can click the copy button to copy your URL. Drive traffic to that URL to promote your Assessment.
Tip: If you are embedding your Assessment into another web page, such as a page on your website, it will work just the same as embedding a YouTube video on a page. Click the “Embed code” button next to your URL and copy the code from the pop up window. Paste that code into your external web page.
Optional step: Download the data collected from your Assessment and lead form
You can download a .csv file of your Assessment and lead data at any time! From your campaign screen, locate the Campaign Resources area in the upper right section of the page, click “Export Respondents”. On the export page, enter a date range to see Assessment data from all visitors. Hit the export button and download your file (this file may take a moment to generate).
If you haven’t been trained by an ion trainer, here are some important tips for your success:
Easy Quick Starts are meant to be used exactly as they have been built.
We don’t recommend adding/removing pages, adding/removing sections of content, adding/removing questions & page elements, or moving elements of the pages. If you need to do that, we recommend a training session, or training series, with an ion customer success trainer.