The Easy Resource Library begins on a welcome page that shows the value of the Resource Library in three simple bullet points paired with an image. Users will be encouraged to complete a simple form in order to access the interior pages of the library. Upon completion of the form, users will be navigated to an interior page that includes a headline and subheadline thanking the user and inviting them to access a library of assets.
This Resource Library is part of our “Easy” quick starts which are designed to go from ideation to launch in just 1 hour and with minimal to no training. You can create your experience (and take it live) inside of a campaign, which is a folder located in a portfolio.
What you’ll need for the Easy Resource Library:
- Home Page: Headline/Subheadline for Form. Three benefits of the library, Imagery
- Resource Library: Descriptive copy for up to nine assets. External links to assets.
1st step: If you don’t have a portfolio and campaign yet… create them first (:30 seconds)
When you first log in to the ion platform, you will more than likely find yourself at the dashboard page. From the dashboard, click on “portfolio” in the navigation and select the green plus sign found next to “your portfolio” and type the name of your portfolio! A “Portfolio” is a great way to keep your content organized and easy to locate in the future. For example, if you plan to run multiple campaigns promoting this Resource Library (paid search, email, social) the portfolio can house all of those campaigns.
Once you have saved and named your portfolio, you can now add a campaign by clicking the green plus sign. Create a name for your campaign folder and then add your corporate website in the “Fallback URL” field which is where traffic will be re-routed to should this campaign ever go offline).
2nd step: Download the Easy Resource Library from the quick start cloud (:30 seconds)
Within your campaign, click the green plus sign to add a new creative. Place the internal name of your Resource Library in the label field. It is important to note that this label will not be visible to your users, so you can select a name that will be used internally.
This section will default to the Quick Starts tab. The top drop down labeled “Quick Start Cloud” should remain untouched. The second drop down showcases all of the Quick Start categories. For the Easy Resource Library you will want to select the “Easy Quick Starts”. Click on the Easy Resource Library thumbnail.
Important tip: Before you save this creative from the cloud, it may be beneficial to “preview” the functionality. When you preview an experience you are able to see what it looks like, how it functions and how the content is arranged. Sometimes when you are in the creative editor, things may look differently than they do in the final product (this is because the pages are responsive, and the layout is impacted by the size of the screen).
Once you select the Easy Resource Library, hit save to begin!
When you hit save, just note that it may take a few seconds to download the quick start into your console. Once the Resource Library has downloaded you will find yourself on the Creative Management tab of the Resource Library.
3rd step: Apply your brand theme to the Resource Library pages (:10 seconds)
On the creative management page of your Resource Library located within the right side panel, you will see a drop down that is labeled “theme”. From that drop down select your brand theme. A theme includes all of your branding requirements such as logo, colors, fonts, etc. This step must happen before you can take the Resource Library live and it’s a best practice to do so before you begin adding your content.
Don’t see your company’s brand theme in the drop down?
If you are not yet an ion customer and are in a demo or sandbox account, you won’t see your brand’s theme. You can however, select the Spokes theme to demo the experience.
If you are a customer, are in your company’s ion console and you still don’t see your theme, contact your ion customer success manager. More than likely, you’re a brand new customer and we are in the process of adding your theme to your console.
4th step: Let’s add your content! (20-50 minutes)
- Begin by selecting the “Landing Page” thumbnail image to access creative studio and begin adding your copy.
- Once you access the “Landing Page” of the Resource Library, click on the “Access Our Resource Library” content block. Once it is highlighted with a blue line, click it again to access the text editor box. Replace our sample copy with your own headline copy. Below that headline is a sub headline that encourages the user to complete a form to access the resource library.
- On the left side of the landing page, click on the image until it is highlighted blue. Click it again to replace the sample imagery with one of your own. For best use, choose an image that matches the measurement of ours which is 1000 x 401 px.
- Below the image you can add text about the library as well as three key points you would like to make about what the user will gain from accessing the assets within the library. Click on each content block to add your own copy.
- At the footer section of the experience you will see “Your Company”. Click on this content to add your company name to the footer.
Expert-level tip: You can have both of these updates automatically published on the other page of your Resource Library. To automatically have this applied to the other page of your Resource Library, you must first ensure that the content has been updated correctly. Once you are satisfied with the content and links click on the content and determine that what you want to update is highlighted in blue, locate the “Save” option found beneath the the edit tab of the creative studio panel, and select “creative wide”. Once you select “creative wide” a window will pop up with the pages located within this experience. You have the option to only update the pages you wish to or to select “all” to publish this to the resource library page. From this menu you can select “all” and then hit “ok”. Only do this once you are comfortable working in the ion platform. This isn’t a necessary step, and can be done on a page by page basis.
- Once you have completed the Landing Page updates, locate the thumbnail for the “Resource Library” page on the right side of Creative Studio. The header of the Resource Library page features headline and subheadline copy. Click each of these to remove our sample copy and add your own.
- The Resource Page includes links to nine assets that can be accessed via clicking a button. There are three links for white papers, infographics, and videos. The iconography used makes it easy to determine what the assets are. Click and update the sample title and description copy for each of the assets. You can add the link to each of the assets by clicking the “Download Now” button and navigating to the edit tab of creative studio and locating the link under “Actions”. To update the copy of the button just click on the button and when it is highlighted blue, click again to access the text editor. Each of the assets will open in a new window for the user. This can be changed from the same window you added a link to. You are also able to update the tagging for each of these actions in the same window. You can opt to tag the action with the name of the asset or with internal language. Users will not see the tagging, it is strictly for reporting.
- You are finished! Use the breadcrumb navigation at the top of creative studio to navigate back out to the creative management screen for this creative. Click the name of your creative to do so. Click the preview button in the upper right area of the screen to preview your Resource Library and view it as your visitors will.
- Along the top of your preview screen you can also simulate various screen sizes to see how the responsive design will appear in different viewports. As you preview, if you see things you want to change, return to the creative management screen, click on a thumbnail of a page and go back into the creative studio to make your edits.
- As soon as you are satisfied with your experience preview, you are ready to take your experience live!
5th step: Let’s launch your Resource Library! (<5 minutes)
- From the creative management screen, in the “Status” area, click “Engaged”. This indicates you are ready to take it live.
- Then, in the “Traffic sources” area, click “+traffic source” to create a URL, which you will use to drive traffic to your Resource Library.
- On the add traffic source screen, select your sub domain from the traffic source URL drop down. This is the URL your visitors will see when they land on your Resource Library. You can use our default “postclickmarketing.com” domain, or select your company’s subdomain if one has been set up. Don’t see your company’s subdomain in the drop down? If you are not yet a customer or are in a demo or sandbox account you will not see your brand’s domain. However, you can select the postclickmarketing domain for demo purposes. If you are a customer, and are in your company’s ion console and still don’t see your subdomain, it means your company hasn’t yet pointed a subdomain to your ion console. Contact your ion customer success manager to have this set up.
- It is important to note that your traffic source will be visible to your users. For example, if you add “CoolResource Library” in the path field and select postclickmarketing.com as your domain drop down, your URL will be http://companyname.postclickmarketing.com//CoolResource Library. Just for tracking purposes select the type of traffic you are driving, and the sub category. For example, Search Engine as the category, and Google as the sub category.
- Locate your Resource Library thumbnail below and click save. Congratulations! Your Resource Library is launched and live!
- Along the top of your traffic source management screen you will see the Resource Library URL and you can click the copy button to copy your URL. Drive traffic to that URL to promote your Resource Library.
Tip: If you are embedding your Resource Library into another web page, such as a page on your website, it will work just the same as embedding a YouTube video on a page. Click the “Embed code” button next to your URL and copy the code from the pop up window. Paste that code into your external web page.
Optional step: Download the data collected from your Resource Library and lead form
You can download a .csv file of your Resource Library and lead data at any time! From your campaign screen, locate the Campaign Resources area in the upper right section of the page, click “Export Respondents”. On the export page, enter a date range to see Resource Library data from all visitors. Hit the export button and download your file (this file may take a moment to generate).
If you haven’t been trained by an ion trainer, here are some important tips for your success:
- Easy Quick Starts are meant to be used exactly as they have been built.
- We don’t recommend adding/removing pages, adding/removing sections of content, adding/removing questions & page elements, or moving elements of the pages. If you need to do that, we recommend a training session, or training series, with an ion customer success trainer.