The embedded product configurator experience guides your visitors through four questions. Using their answers, the product configurator provides a personalized recommendation of which product is best for them, as well as the cost of the item. A call-to-action that can link to an external page or shopping cart is included on the results page and the visitor also has the option to reconfigure their product.
This Quick Start, specifically designed to be embedded into an existing site, will get you up and running in no time with a product configurator for visitors to see which of your offerings may be best for them.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start because it requires familiarity with expert interactive components and advanced rules. Feel free to contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
- 9 small images
- 23 medium images
- Data for your own specific price calculations
Get to Know This Quick Start
Here’s a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
The copy/content itself can be easily updated by double-clicking. Update the text and images with your desired content. This Quick Start is fully responsive and resizes into the available area of the page it is embedded in.The first step of the experience includes questions published into Flow component so respondents can go from question to question without changing pages. For more information on the Flow component, click here.
After completing the product configurator questions, respondents are brought to their results page. In this example, visitors are given their recommended product, along with a price and an external link to purchase. This page also includes:
- Price and product image displayed on page using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- Option to reconfigure and return to the Product Configurator page
- Advanced rules that assign a product to the respondent based on their answers given in the configurator questions. Based on those answers, they are redirected to a page with messaging that corresponds to the recommended product. For more information on advanced rules, click here.
To embed the content onto your website, first create a traffic source for this creative. For more information on how to create a traffic source, click here.
After creating a traffic source, locate the Embed Code button on your Traffic Source Management screen. Click the button and copy the code to be you can place into your web page. For more information on ion embed code, click here.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains advanced logic, expert-level interactive components and custom forms. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.