In this Embedded Time Estimator Calculator Quick Start example, which is designed to be embedded into an existing site, visitors enter the amount of hours they can spend and level of training they want to achieve to calculate what it will take for them to proficiently adopt your solution. You can adapt this to fit your own business/calculations.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start because advanced rules and custom forms are used. Feel free to contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
- 1 small image
- Data inputs for calculations (the quick start uses two inputs— level and time)
- Library form
- Data export
Get to Know This Quick Start
Here’s a brief orientation to this Quick Start:
This Quick Start is fully responsive and resizes to fit the area of the page it is embedded into. The Calculator consists of two inputs from the user: how much time they have to dedicate to training on a daily basis and what level of expertise they would like to achieve:
- Custom form asking respondents how many hours are available daily. For more information on custom forms, click here.
- Choice group to select the level of expertise desired.
To embed the content onto your website, you will first want to create a traffic source for this creative. For more information on how to create a traffic source, click here.
After creating a traffic source, you will find an Embed Code button on your Traffic Source Management screen that you can click to copy code that you can place into your website. For more information on ion embed code, click here.
Results and Thank You Page
Respondents who enter the amount of hours they want to dedicate daily and the level of expertise they would like to achieve are brought to the results page to see how long it will take them to be up and running with the example software. The results page includes:
- Page-level advanced rules to calculate the respondent’s total amount of time to be proficient based on their selected level of expertise. For more information on advanced rules, click here. Use the same page-level advanced rules and modify based on your own specifications.
- Lead-generation form. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here.
The Thank You page includes an option for recalculation that will return the visitor to the initial step of the calculator.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains sophisticated advanced rules and a custom form. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert stills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For more information on connecting your form to your exports, click here, or for information on export options, click here.