This is a core concept
You can auto-delete any data you collect on your visitors. We recommend that you consider auto-deleting any personally identifiable data. We also recommend you opt to use the data field encryption option described below.
Here's how to do it:
When adding a data field, you have the option to encrypt the data field and/or set data collected to automatically be deleted within a specified period of time. The option to do this is on a field-by-field basis.
To set a field to expire/auto delete or to encrypt your data:
- Start at Data Management from the top navigation bar in your console.
- Select Data Collection.
- Create Data Field or Edit an existing Data Field.
- To encrypt, check off “Encrypt this data in the database (AES 256-bit encryption)”. Be aware that once this selection is checked, it cannot be disabled.
- To automatically delete sensitive data, select from the “Sensitive data expiration” dropdown the appropriate amount of time until deletion for the associated data field. Be aware that if you set the data field to automatically delete, you are responsible for exporting the data before this expiration occurs.
- Select save once all information is correct for the specific data field.
After making a field set to expire/auto-delete within a certain period of time, you can also add a rule to a page/form to “delete sensitive data” which removes data collected within a sensitive data field immediately.