The ROI Calculator helps visitors see their potential return on investment from your products or services. With this Quick Start example, we use ROI from pay-per-click advertising to demonstrate how it works. You can update this Quick Start with your own business-specific numbers.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start if you intend to modify it due to the advanced rules and custom forms used. Feel free to contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed.
Because this Quick Start utilizes advanced logic, we have also put together a logic template to help you understand the inputs and outputs of this experience. Click here to review the logic template for the ROI Calculator.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you get started, you will want to have the below:
- 1 medium image
- 12 small images
- Library form
- Data export
Get to Know This Quick Start
Here’s a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
The Calculator page is the first page visitors will see when viewing this experience. This page includes:
- One medium image
- Five small images
- Custom forms asking respondents for their monthly spend, conversion rate, cost-per-click and average sale. For more information on custom forms, click here.
- Call to action button at the bottom of the page to subscribe to the newsletter
- Form-level rule that runs the “ROI Calculator” server script let upon form submission to calculate respondent’s ROI
Respondents who submit the ROI form will be taken to the results page where they will see details about their return on investment. This page includes:
- Page-level advanced rules to calculate the respondent’s return on investment, total clicks, number of sales, total revenue, profit and return on ad spend. For more information on advanced rules, click here.
- ROI, total clicks, number of sales, total revenue, profit and return on ad spend displayed on page using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- Call to action button at the bottom of the page to subscribe to the newsletter.
- Recalculate button that takes respondents back to the Calculator page to see what their ROI would be with different spends and conversion rates.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains sophisticated advanced rules and a custom form. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form to one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this expert Quick Start we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.