Products are often offered at a discount when purchased in bulk. This Quick Start, specifically designed to be embedded into an existing site, will get you up and running in no time with a calculator for visitors to see how much they can save by purchasing higher quantities.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start because advanced rules and custom forms are used. Feel free to contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
- Formula for savings based on cost of products and units
- Library form
- Data export
Get to Know This Quick Start
Here’s a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
The copy/content itself can be easily updated by double-clicking. Update the text with your desired copy. The Quick Start is fully responsive and it also resizes into the available area of the page it is embedded in.
To embed the content onto your website, first create a traffic source for this creative. For more information on how to create a traffic source, click here.
After creating a traffic source, locate the Embed Code button on your Traffic Source Management screen. Click the button and copy the code to be you can place into your web page. For more information on ion embed code, click here.
With your embed code in place on the external web page, when a visitor enters in the desired number of units, they will be taken to a page to recalculate or to order now. If they choose to order now, they will be taken to a form that will render within the same area as the first page.
This will not only allow you to add content to your website that is controlled within your ion console but will also allow you to test this content! You can set up a split test for this calculator just like you would any other experience within your creative, by adding two or more creatives to the same traffic source.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains sophisticated advanced rules and a custom form. If you use this quick Start with no custom modifications at all, intermediate skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form with one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this expert Quick Start, we assume you will use an existing form from you ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.