Online quizzes are a popular technique to engage your audience in a fun way. This visual quiz presents two image-driven choices for each of eight questions, and a results page that reveals the visitor's score. We've used food for the example choices, but you'll replace this sample content with your own.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start because it requires familiarity with advanced rules, the Flow component and custom forms. Feel free to contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed.
Because this Quick Start utilizes advanced logic, we have also put together a logic template to help you understand the inputs and outputs of this experience. Click here to review the logic template for the Visual Quiz.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you get started, you will want to have the below:
- Content/copy for 8 questions
- 17 medium image
- Library form
- Data export
Get to know this Quick Start
Here'e a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
The entire quiz has been published into the first page of this experience. Our sample content is based on healthy food choices, and you will replace the branding, copy and images with your own. This page includes:
- Eight questions with images published into a Flow component. For more information on the Flow component, click here.
- The quiz was published into a custom form. For more information on custom forms, click here.
- Each choice within the quiz is published into a choice group. For more information on choice groups, click here.
- Each choice within the quiz is published into a Reveal component. This is done to give the choice a hover state. For more information on the Reveal component, click here.
- CTA button at the top of the page that opens a lead generation form within a lightbox. For more information on lightboxes, click here.
After completing the quiz, respondents will be taken to the Results page where they will their percentage correct along with the correct answer to any questions they guessed incorrectly. This page includes:
- Page-level advanced rules to assign a score to respondents based on the number of correct answers they provided. These rules are also used to save the percentage of correct answers that were provided. For more information on advanced rules, click here.
- Percentage of correct answers displayed on page using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- Correct answers dynamically displayed using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- CTA buttons that open a lead generation form within a lightbox. For more information on lightboxes, click here.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains sophisticated advanced rules and a quiz. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form to one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this expert Quick Start we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.