Products are often offered at a discount when purchased in bulk. This Quick Start allows visitors to calculate a savings value based on the number of units purchased.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start. Additionally, contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed. If you aren't familiar with advanced rules and custom forms, this Quick Start will require some practice with these concepts before you get started.
Because this Quick Start utilizes advanced logic, we have also put together a logic template to help you understand the inputs and outputs of this experience. Click here to review the logic template for the Vertical Savings Calculator.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you get started, you will want to have the following:
- 1 medium image
- Formula to calculate total cost of products
- Library form
- Data export
Get to know this Quick Start
The Calculator page is the first page respondents will see when viewing this experience. This page includes:
- One medium-sized image.
- Custom form asking respondents how many units they would like to order. For more information on custom forms, click here.
- *NOTE: We are using cards as an example eCommerce product but you, will update this with your own product information.
- Three blurbs of content meant to be replaced with unique selling points for your products/services.
- "Order Now" CTA at bottom of page that opens a lead generation lightbox form. For more information on lightboxes, click here.
Respondents who enter a number of units on the Calculator page will be taken to the Results page where they will see their bulk saving. This page includes:
- Page-level advanced rules to calculate the respondent's total purchase cost as well as how much they save and the cost per item. For more information on advanced rules, click here.
- Total savings, total cost and cost per item displayed on page using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- "Order Now" CTA buttons that open lead generation forms within a lightbox. For more information on lightboxes, click here.
Tips & Tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains sophisticated advanced rules and a custom form. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form to one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this expert Quick Start, we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.