You can point one or more domains or subdomains to your ion console by following the steps below.
Before You Begin
Point your domain(s) or subdomain(s) DNS to your ion console's dedicated postclickmarketing subdomain.
Let’s Get Started!
- Hover over the settings tab in your ion console and click “Manage Domains”
- Click the green “+ domain” button
- Give your domain a unique name in the “Domain name” text field
- i.e. “example.yourcompany.com”
- *Note: if this domain is setup as the default, it will be the default subdomain when a traffic source is opened (it can always be changed as you are creating traffic sources).
- These options will designate whether or not your domain or subdomain will require a certificate that ensures secure transactions between web servers and browsers. When a (sub)domain is secured, URLs using that (sub)domain will use “https” instead of “http” on associated pages and indicate to visitors that it is a secure website with a lock icon
- *Note: the location of the lock icon varies between browsers. In Internet Explorer, it appears in the lower-right corner of the browser window.
- Free certificate option uses LetsEncrypt to secure (sub)domain
- Use your own option can be selected if your team provides us with a security certificate to install. If you would like to use your own security certificate, please contact your customer success manager to discuss next steps.
- This might happen if respondent just types in the root domain, such as http://example.yourcompany.com without a specific friendly “slash name” address or a /Casting.aspx automatic address to identify a particular traffic source
- This might also occur if respondent uses a URL that does not exist (i.e. http://example.yourcompany.com/badguess)
- Go to the redirect URL “as is”: respondent will be sent to the redirect URL and treated as an organic, unique visitor to the redirect URL
- Append path and query string: respondent will be sent to the redirect URL with their originally intended path and query string information appended to the URL for data/metric tracking purposes.
- Append the query string: respondent will be sent to the redirect URL with their originally intended query string information appended to the URL for data/metric tracking purposes.
- 302 redirects inform respondents and search engines that the redirect is temporary
- 301 redirects will indicate to respondents and search engines that the URL has been changed permanently
- *Note: For most redirects, you will want to select a 302 redirect. If you are unsure of which redirect to select, check with your SEO manager.
- Opting into this feature would automatically inform search engines that this domain or subdomain is available for crawling and will also automatically update additional information about each URL (i.e. when it was last updated)
- *Note: Web Robots (aka “Web Wanderers, Crawlers, or Spiders) are programs that automatically search the web to index content. These may be search engines, such as Google, as well as spammers.
- *Note: By default, your console will allow all robots.txt
- *Note: A favicon is a graphic that appears in the left side of the address bar when viewing your ion experience
- *Note: Must be an .ico file of either 16x16px or 32x32px
You can now create a traffic source URL with your subdomain and visit it to confirm that everything is functioning as desired.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact your account manager.