An assessment can be a great way to increase brand engagement and educate your buyers! In an assessment visitors complete a set of questions, presented in an engaging way, and receive personalized recommendations at the conclusion.
We've used the topic of time management as an example in this Quick Start. You will replace the time management questions & content with your own theme, images and copy.
*Note: If you elect to use a lead capture form, you can use the data collected within the assessment to build a robust profile of your user. This version of the assessment focused on social sharing, and does not include a lead capture form—but you can easily add one at the start of end of your assessment if driving leads is an objective of your assessment.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start. Additionally, contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed. If you aren't familiar with advanced rules and freestyle forms, this Quick Start will not be one that you will immediately be able to work with and will require some practice in creative studio before you are comfortable.
Because this Quick Start utilizes advanced logic, we have also put together a logic template to help you understand the inputs and outputs of this experience. Click here to review the logic template for the Assessment.
What You’ll Need to Get Started
Before you get started, you will want to have the below:
- 1 large hero image
- 10 small question icons
- 4 small choice images
- 10 small result icons
Get to know this Quick Start
Here'e a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
The first page in this experience is called the "Welcome" page. This is where you will find the assessment. This page includes:
- Page rules to save the questions into data fields. This allows you to make updates to your questions in a centralized location.
- @@ variables to display the questions saved via advanced rules through dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
- Freestyle form with choice groups for the assessment. For more information on freestyle forms, click here.
- Assessment form published within Full-Page Slider component to make for a more engaging, interactive environment. For more information on the Full-Page Slider, click here.
- Header published into sticky container so that it stays present at the top of the screen at all times. For more information on the sticky container, click here.
The "Results" page is where respondents will be taken after completing the assessment. This page includes:
- Page rules to save messages specific to the choices respondents select within the assessment and add to a score.
- Page rules that check the total score a respondent received in order to deliver a message that speaks at a more high level to the results of the assessment.
- @@ variables on the page to display the messages saved via advanced rules using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
Tips & tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains a full-page slider, a sticky container as well as sophisticated advanced rules. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, expert skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.