NOTE: This Quick Start is categorized as expert because it contains a short quiz. All other features of this Quick Start are based on intermediate-level ion skills.
The Interactive White Paper is an excellent way to transform your static content into an interactive experience. It uses a unique, image-driven home page to drive visitors into chapter pages that include a variety of engaging elements including image effects with micro-themes, an embedded quiz and more.
We recommend that you receive expert-level ion training before using this Quick Start. Additionally, contact your customer success manager for a brief orientation if needed. If you aren't familiar with setting up quizzes in ion, this Quick Start will not be one that you will immediately be able to work with and will require some practice in creative studio before you are comfortable.
What you’ll need to get started
Assuming you have expert-level ion skills, you can modify this Quick Start to suit your content. If you are using this Quick Start without modification, here's what you will need to get started:
- White paper copy suitable for 6 chapters
- 3 Quiz questions, based on your white paper content
- Downloadable version of the white paper in your ion fulfillment library, or ready to link to outside of ion
- 18 small images
- 9 medium images
- 9 Large images
- 1 video
- At least 1 form from your ion form library
- Data export already configured to export your form data
To help you craft your Interactive White Paper & eBook copy, we’ve created a content template you can use as a resource to help you focus and organize your content for this type of interactive content experience. Click here to review the Interactive Infographic content template.
Get to know this Quick Start
Here'e a brief orientation to this Quick Start.
We refer to the first page of this experience as the table of contents. The table of contents allows visitors to click into the chapter they want to view first. The table of contents page includes:
- Navigation to 6 topics (like ‘chapters’), presented in a visual, image driven format.
- An option to download a PDF version of the white paper, presented behind a lead generation form that opens in a lightbox. When visitors click the “Download The PDF” link, a lightbox will open with a form for visitors to fill out before they can download the PDF version of the white paper. For more information on lightboxes, click here.
- An option to Contact us, which links to a contact us page within the white paper.
This experience is optimized for mobile devices as well! Instead of opening a lightbox for mobile visitors, this link will take mobile visitors to a dedicated form page. For more information on altering your experience for different devices, click here.
Topic pages are designed to present your white paper content organized across 6 categories or topics. The navigation component is used to create the navigation for the topic pages of this experience. Learn more about the navigation component here: Navigation
- Topic 1
- Topic 1 includes a lightbox within the page to be used for supplemental or additional content.
- The micro-theme “hover flip” is used to animate the 4 animal icons on this page when the visitor hovers their mouse over them. Check out more information on Micro-Themes.
- Topic 2
- Topic 2 includes a short quiz, presented in a lightbox.
- This page also includes content presented in an accordion. Learn more about Accordion & Tabbed Content here.
- Topic 3
- Topic 3 includes content presented within a tabbed content component.
- This page also includes an embedded Video.
- Topic 4
- The micro-themes “slide in, slide right” and “fade down” are used to animate the icons on this page on page load.
- Topic 5 includes primarily text & images
- Topic 6 includes primarily text & images as well as a short form in the page
At the bottom of each Topic page, a link to the “Contact Us” box is included. This links to a contact us page with a form.
Within the Topic 2 page, a quiz can further engage your audience to interact with the content. This quiz includes a few example questions that you can modify and add to provide a quiz related to your own content.
Each option within the quiz includes a quick advanced rule that saves a value to your ion database. These values are either “correct” or “wrong” to a data field, and to help you add your own response values we've indicated which answer should be the correct & incorrect ones for each question. You all replace "correct" and "wrong" with your own responses. For more information on working with advanced rules, click here.
Once respondents complete the quiz, they will be show a page that tells them how well they did by showing them which questions they got right and which ones they got wrong. They will also receive a tailored message for all of their answers that either further explains the correct answers to each question.
The quiz result messaging references the values saved via advanced rules and displays whether the respondent’s answer was correct or wrong by using dynamic content substitution. For more information on dynamic content substitution, click here.
Feel free to reach out to your ion customer success manager if you need an orientation to working with the quiz.
Tips & tricks
- We recommend you complete expert ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start because it contains a quiz. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, intermediate skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder forms to one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this expert Quick Start we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.