The ion platform allows you to easily embed and test content on your website. This creative was specifically designed to allow you to publish a form that can be displayed within another page's lightbox—NOTE that this is not an ion lightbox. This is content that can be displayed in an external web page's existing lightbox.
When reviewing this page, you will notice that it is essentially blank with the exception of text on the left and a form on the right. This simplified content will ensure that what is published in your console will render smoothly within the lightbox triggered from your website. When you publish this creative into your lightbox it will take on the size of the available window automatically.
What you’ll need to get started
- 1 lead gen form
- Data export
The content itself can easily be updated by double-clicking. Update the text with your desired copy and then change the form to your desired form. This page is fully responsive so it will easily snap into place on your website even if you want to embed it into a smaller section of your website.
With your creative setup and a mechanism in place on your website to open a lightbox, all you will need from ion is a traffic source that will be used with your lightbox. For more information on how to create a traffic source, click here. Once you have the traffic source set up, use the "embed code" to place your creative on another page, by pasting the embed code into the other page.
With your traffic source set up for use within your lightbox, when a visitor fills out the form, they will see the Thank You page messaging render within the lightbox as well.
This will not only allow you to display content on your website that is controlled within your ion console but will also allow you to test this content! You can set up a split test for this content just like you would any other experience within your creative.
Tips & tricks
- We recommend you complete basic ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start as it is meant to be embedded in an external site. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, basic skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend intermediate ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form with one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this basic Quick Start we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.