The ion platform allows you to easily embed and test content on your website or other external web pages. This creative was specifically designed to be embedded in the footer of a web page. It includes a headline, subheadline, form and thank you page.
When reviewing this page, you will notice that it is essentially blank with the exception of some text on the left and a form on the right. This simplified content will ensure that what is published in your console will easily match the site you are embedding it into. It also resizes automatically for the area you place it in.
What you’ll need to get started
- 1 lead gen form
- Data export
The content itself can easily be updated by double-clicking. Update the text with your desired copy and then change the form to your desired form. This page is fully responsive so it will easily snap into place on your website even if you want to embed it into a smaller section of your website.
To embed the content onto your website, you will first want to create a traffic source for this creative. For more information on how to create a traffic source, click here.
After creating a traffic source, you will find an Embed Code button on your Traffic Source Management screen that you can click to copy code that you can place into your website. For more information on ion embed code, click here.
With your embed code in place on your website, when a visitor fills out the form, they will be taken to the Thank You page within the creative. The Thank You page will render within the same area as the first page.
This will not only allow you to add content to your website that is controlled within your ion console but will also allow you to test this content! You can set up a split test for this content just like you would any other experience within your creative.
Tips & tricks
- We recommend you complete basic ion interactive training to use and modify this Quick Start as it is meant to be embedded in an external site. If you use this Quick Start with no custom modifications at all, basic skills are necessary.
- Everything within this experience can be edited by double clicking each page element. For more information on publishing & editing content within ion interactive pages, click here.
- You can adjust the layout of the page content by altering the grids, columns and rows that are published into the creative’s containers. For more information on working with grids, click here. We recommend basic ion training to adjust the layout of your pages.
- Update the placeholder form with one from your ion interactive Form Library. Double click the placeholder form and navigate through the Form Library to select your own form. This requires that you already have a form created in your library.
- Connect the form to your own pre-configured export, to ensure the data that is collected is exported to your external third party systems. For information on connecting your form to your exports click here, or for information on export options, click here.
- For this basic Quick Start we assume you will use an existing form from your ion interactive Form Library. For more information on creating forms with ion interactive, click here. We recommend intermediate training for form building.