Before diving into your ion console, check out this orientation video to walk you through the console dashboard and navigation. This is a great resource for ion beginners looking for guidance on where to find specific resources within your console.
Navigating around ion
When you log into ion, you will be on your dashboard. Your dashboard will display some of your most active campaigns in the bubble chart, your traffic for the past 30 days and your total console storage capacity. You will also see quick links to your most recent Portfolios, Campaigns and Creatives that you have been working on.
Just under the ion logo in the right corner, you may also see a red number. ion speaks! Any notifications, such as reaching statistical significance on an active test, will be here. Remember to check your alerts each time you login.
Throughout your ion console, when you see the magnifying glass next to anything, you can click the magnifying glass to go into that area.
The green + sign is used to add. For example, if you see a green plus on your Portfolio page, you can add a new portfolio. A green plus on your Creative management page lets you add a new Creative. The green plus is a universal ion sign to add.
On Portfolio, Campaign, Creative and Traffic Sources list view screens you can click on the column headers, Visitors, Bounce and Conversions to quickly sort in ascending or descending order. We love using this quick feature to help us get to the highest/lowest traffic or highest/lowest converting areas.
Click the pencil icon to go into edit any corresponding element.
The blue circle with a screen takes you to "Preview" a Creative—this allows you to navigate through a Creative the way your visitors will, without impacting your live results. Great for proofing & reviewing.
The blue circle with the circular arrow is used to refresh a screen, when needed.
Across the top of your console you will see the main navigation to access the global, console-wide content and features.
- You can always get back to the dashboard when you click Dashboard.
- Portfolios takes you to a list of your Portfolios (Portfolios are the folders you create to manage your Campaigns, Creatives and Traffic Sources).
- Libraries takes you to your global assets that you may upload or create in ion. Here you will find centralized storage and management of images, flash files, fulfillment (like whitepapers and downloadable files), forms, email templates (for one to one email, not mass email), scripts, tags, frameworks, widgets. You can also search content here. This is a great feature to help you quickly locate content that may be on your pages and link directly to them to make changes or updates.
- In Reports you can configure PDF or Excel-based reports on-demand or on a regular, scheduled basis. Also, keep in mind your Performance tabs for Portfolios, Campaigns, Creatives and Traffic Sources give you a variety of real-time reporting gauges to help you analyze your landing page performance, user behavior, and much, much more.
- In Settings you can change your password, create new admin user accounts (If you are a 'super user'), manage your storage capacity by deleting old respondent data, configure the domains and subdomains you have pointed to your ion IP address, restrict certain IP addresses (from accessing your pages, being included in your reports, etc), and set up certain console-specific settings such as your testing confidence interval, uploading a favicon, etc.
- In Data Management you can set up any data fields (including hidden data you may want to collect and track) for your forms and exports, configure batch exports (to salesforce.com, for example), data sources from a look up table and pick up any external ion conversion or behavioral tracking tags that you may want to install on pages that live outside of ion.
- In Search, you can search for individual or groups of respondents to quickly zero in on a particular data record, search for a traffic source URL to find its location in your console and also search for content published into your ion pages.
- Support takes you right here, to our support site where you can get training and how to information on using ion.
As you navigate to Portfolios, Campaigns, Creatives and Traffic Sources you will notice two tabs just under the main console navigation.
The Management tab is where you will actual do things—adding Portfolios, publishing Creatives, etc. To view the performance of that particular view just click on the Performance tab to access the real-time performance gauges–your specialized ion analytics.