This is an expert concept
You can use ion's choice set filters feature to create conditional choice sets as visitors complete your multi-step forms. Filtered choice sets are available in drop down, checkbox, listbox or radio button formats.
Ex. “Step 1” form collects country and state, then the “Step 2” form on a subsequent page shows a choice set of stores limited to that country and state combination.
You can use choice set filters for any multi-step form process that has conditional choice sets.
Here are the steps involved:
1. Format a .CSV file of your choice set
Column A: [Choice Names] – choices that will be shown in choice set
Column B: [Choice Values] – values stored into ion database
Column C: [Filter 1]
Column D: [Filter 2]
Column E: [Filter 3]
Note: Column headers are not necessary. Filters are limited to three per choice set.
Jane Street Center, JSC, AL, US
Town Center Shops, TCS, AL, US
Red Square, RSQ, AL, US
Golden Circle, GDC, AK, US
*NOTE: You may also build choice set filters directly in your ion choice set by entering the above information into the corresponding columns when editing a given choice within your choice set.
2. Upload choice set .CSV to ion
a. Navigate to Integration > Data Collection > Choice Sets
b. Navigate into an existing choice set category, or add a new category using
c. Add a new choice set (+ choice set) and label it accordingly
d. From the Choice Set Resources pod in the top right, choose Import Choice Set
e. Choose file to import, click ‘save’
3. Create forms in your ion console
a. Under Libraries > Forms, navigate into an existing form category, or add a new category using + category
b. Create a form for each step
- Ex. “Step 1” form collects country and state, then the “Step 2” form on a subsequent page shows a choice set of stores limited to that country and state combination.
c. Add filters to checkbox(es), drop-down, listbox or radio button input types
- You can input static or dynamic filters. To filter dynamically, enter @@data_name. The data name can be confirmed under Integration > Data Collection > Data Fields.
- To filter store locations by the Country and State previously selected, add two choice set filters to the form:
Choice set filter 1: @@Country
Choice set filer 2: @@State
4. Add forms to your pages in your ion console
a. Navigate into the form page within the creative
b. Insert your “Step 1 “ form into the creative, via the form editor (choose from category/form drop-down)
c. Under “actions to take when a user submits the above form”, select the “Step 2” page from the drop-down
d. Be sure to add a tag so you can track respondents as they navigate through the form experience (ex. “Step 1 - Complete)
e. “Mark respondent as converted” should be checked off on the final form submission, marking your visitor as a conversion within ion