Your ion console comes pre-installed with the most common validation patterns for things like email address, date, phone, etc. Validation patterns are comprised of code known as a "regular expression" and are applied to data fields to ensure they can only accept data in a certain format.
To create a new validation pattern, follow the steps below:
- Hover over the Data Management tab and click "Data Collection"
- Scroll to the bottom and click the "+Validation" button
- Give your validation pattern a title
- Paste your regular expression into the regular expression text box
To apply your new validation pattern to a data field, follow the below steps:
- Go back to the Data Collection screen
- Click the magnifying glass icon next to the category that houses the data field you want to apply your new regular expression to
- Click the pencil icon to the left of the data field
- Select your new validation pattern from the validation pattern dropdown menu